Hope For Israel and Judah
Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE ASSYRIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
I. The Coming Kingdom (4:1-13)
1. What does "in the last days" mean? What is the mountain of the Lord and what will it be like in the last days? Why? (2) Has this happened yet?
2. What will the nations be like in the last days under the Lord's rule? (3) What will people lives be like under the Lord's rule? (4) How should this inspire us now? (5)
3. What does "in that day" mean? (6) What is the Lord's remnant? (7) What does the Lord promise them?
4. What is promised about Israel? (8-9) What will Babylon have to do with Israel in Micah's future? (10-11) Did the other nations and even Israel understand and accept all this? (12-13) How does this foreshadow the harvest that will take place when Jesus comes again? (Matt. 9:37-38, 13:37-43; Mark 4:26-29; John 4:35-38; Rom. 1:13-15)
II. The Coming King (5:1-5a)
5. What is foretold of Israel and Israel's ruler? (1) How was this fulfilled in Jesus' first coming? (Matt. 27:30; Mark 14:65, 15:19; Luke 22:63)
6. What is revealed about Bethlehem in verse 2? How was Jesus' birth a fulfillment of this verse?
7. What would happen before Jesus' birth? (3) What is life like under Jesus' rule? (4)
III. Victory for God's People (5:5b-15)
8. What does verse 5 mean? What did Micah prophecy about Israel's future? (6) How does Jesus fulfill this prophecy?
9. What is said of the remnant of Jacob in verse 8? And in verse 9? Has these things happened before and will they happen again?
10. What is foretold of the Messianic era in verses 10-11? What will be done to false religions in that day? (12-13) How will Jesus rule in that day? Why should knowledge of this encourage us today?