Jesus' Authority on Earth to Forgive Sins
Questions for Study 14
Key Verse: 6
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE AREA AROUND THE SEA OF GALILEE.
I. Jesus Heals the Sick (1-17)
1. Where had Jesus just been? (8:34-9:1) What happened when he landed? Who were these men? (Mark 2:1-4) How did Jesus view what they did? What can we learn from them?
2. What did Jesus say to this paralyzed man? (2b) Why do you think Jesus said this? In what respect is paralysis like sin sickness?
3. How did some of the teachers of the law respond? Why did they think this? How did Jesus rebuke them? How did he answer them? What did Jesus do?
4. How did the paralytic and the crowd respond? What does this event teach us about Jesus? What does this mean for all people? For you?
5. Who did Jesus see next? Who was this man? Where was he? What kind of people were tax collectors in those times? (11) What kind of sinners were they?
6. What did Jesus command him to do? What did this mean to him? To us? What did he do? How did he express his joy and thanksgiving? (10)
7. What did the Pharisees say? Why? How did Jesus respond to them? (12,13) Why did Jesus come? What does this mean? What does Hosea 6:6 teach?
8. Read verses 14-16. How do these verses emphasize the joy of new life in Jesus? (2 Corinthians 5:17)
II. Jesus Heals the Persons Who Were Incurable (18-34)
9. What was amazing about the ruler's faith? (18) What happened on the way to his house? What do we learn from the women? What did Jesus do upon arriving? What does this teach about faith? About Jesus?
10. How did the blind men show their faith? What did Jesus do for them? How did Jesus further amaze the crowds? What do we learn here?
III. Pray to Send Out Workers (35-38)
11. What did Jesus do in verse 35? How did Jesus feel about the crowds? What did he see as their problem? What did he tell his disciples? What did he tell them to do?