Jesus Teaches About The Kingdom of God
Questions for Study 7
Memory Verse: 30
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE A CHART COMPARING JESUS' PARABLES.
I. The Lamp on a Stand (21-25)
1. What is the purpose of a lamp and why is it put on a stand? (21) How is God's word of truth like a lamp? (22, 23)
2. Why should we "consider carefully" what we hear? (24, 25)
II. The Parables of the Seeds (26-34)
3. What is the common theme of the parable of the growing seed and the parable of the mustard seed?
4. How is the kingdom of God like a growing seed? (26-29) What does the man in this parable teach us about faith?
5. What is the special characteristic of a mustard see? (30, 31) How does it grow? (32) How does it illustrate the kingdom of God planted in one's heart?
III. Jesus Calms the Wind and the Sea (35-41)
6. Where were Jesus and his disciples going? (35-36) What happened on the sea? (37)
7. What was Jesus doing? (38a) What did the words of the disciples show about their faith? (38a)
8. What did Jesus do? (39) What does that show about Jesus?
9. What did Jesus rebuke his disciples about? (40) Why? What did the disciples learn through this incident? (41)