The Second Coming of Jesus Christ
Questions for Study 26
Memory Verse: 26
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO ANSWER THE COMMENTARY.
I. Dreadful Tribulations in the Last Days (14-33)
1. What did he mean by "the abomination that causes desolation"? (see Dan. 9:27; 11:31; 12:11; 2 Th. 2:4) (Try to figure it out! Think about it in light of inverted creation order.)
2. What did Jesus teach about the attitude his people must have toward material things? (14b-16) What did he say about the terror of the last days? (17-19)
3. Will only unbelievers go through terrors of the last days? How does the presence of God's people benefit everyone? (20)
4. Why do you think Jesus emphasized the work of false christs twice? (5, 21, 22) What is the difference between false christs in verse 5 and verses 21, 22?
5. Will there be any new revelation about the last days? (23; Heb. 1:1,2) What attitude must his people have? (23)
II. "Men Will See the Son of Man" (24-37)
6. How did men treat Jesus the first time he came to this world? (Is. 53:1-3; Jn. 1:9-11)
7. What will happen just before the Second Coming of Jesus? (24,25) How will his second coming be different from his first?
8. What will his Second Coming mean to "his elect"? (1 Thes. 4:13-18) To unbelievers? (1 Thes. 5:1-3)
9. How can we be sure of his coming again? (28-31; 2 Pet. 3:3-7) In light of Jesus' Second Coming, how should God's people live? (32-37)