Jesus' Early Ministry
Questions for Study 9
Memory Verse: 18
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
TO SEE WHERE THEY WERE PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF GALILEE.
I. Jesus Taught in their Synagogues (14-19)
1. How and where did Jesus begin his ministry? (14) What does it mean that he returned in the power of the Spirit? What was the general response to Jesus among the people of the Galilee countryside? (15)
2. What was Jesus' relationship to Nazareth? (16) How does Isaiah announce his Messianic ministry? (17-19) How did Jesus fulfill this?
II. Today This Scripture is Fulfilled (20-30)
3. What did Jesus announce to them? (20-21) How did the people of Nazareth respond to Jesus' words? (22) How did Jesus interpret their seeming compliments? (23)
4. What else did Jesus say to them? (24) What did he mean? How and why did God bless a Gentile widow in the days of the prophet Elijah? (25-26; and 1 Kings 17:7-16) Why did God favor her over an Israelite widow?
5. Who was Naaman? (27; and 2 Kings 5:1-14) Why was he cleansed of leprosy?
6. How do Elijah and Elisha's experiences illustrate the truth that no prophet is accepted in his hometown? What implication did Jesus state regarding the Gentiles and the kingdom of God?
7. Why did the people become angry enough to throw Jesus down a cliff? (28-29) Why didn't they succeed? (30) What can be learned about human nature?
III. Jesus Drives Out an Evil Spirit (31-44)
8. Where did Jesus go next and what did he do there? (31) How did they respond and why? (32) What did an evil spirit cry out through a man? (33-34) Why would he know that?
9. How did Jesus rebuke him? (35) What was the response to Jesus' authority?
10. Where did Jesus go after teaching in the synagogue? (38) What did he do? (39) What did Jesus do the rest of the Sabbath? (40-41) After doing so much in one day where did Jesus go and what did he do there? (42-44)