The Kingdom is Within You
Questions for Study 30
Memory Verse: 21b
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS' LATER MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. Four Basic Responsibilities (1-10)
1. What is the first basic responsibility Jesus' disciples must have for all people? (1-3) How does Jesus emphasizes the seriousness of sin and causing others to sin?
2. What double responsibility do we have toward a Christian brother who sins? To what extent should we go in forgiving our brother who repents?
3. How did the apostles respond to Jesus' teaching about these two responsibilities? Why did they ask for more faith? How can we increase our faith? (6)
4. What is the point of the parable of the unworthy servant in verses 7-10? What basic responsibility toward duty does this parable teach?
II. Ten Lepers (11-19)
5. Who did Jesus meet on his way to Jerusalem? Where did he send them? Why? (Lev. 13:9)
6. Who came back to Jesus? How was he different from the other lepers? What does Jesus teach about a person's basic responsibility to give thanks to God?
III. The Kingdom of God (20-37)
7. When Jesus was asked about the coming of the kingdom of God, what did he teach about it? (20-21) What does this mean?
8. To whom does Jesus refer to while speaking of the Son of Man? What future event is he talking about? (22-24) What must happen before the Son of Man comes in glory? (25)
9. How are the days of Noah before the flood like the days preceding the second coming of Jesus? What does this analogy teach us about God? About men? How should we live in light of this teaching?
10. How does the story of Lot reinforce this teaching? What lesson should we learn from Lot's wife? What do you think verse 37 means?
11. What do verses 20-37 teach about the kingdom of God? How should we live in light of this teaching?