The Birth of Jesus Foretold
Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 32
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
TO SEE WHERE THEY WERE PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF GALILEE.
I. You Who Are Highly Favored! (26-30)
1. What is the time background of this passage? (John 1:46; Is. 9:1) What was Mary's human situation? (27)
2. What did it mean when the angel said that Mary had found favor with God? (28) What specific mission did God give Mary? (29=31)
II. His Kingdom Will Never End (32-38)
3. How is his Messiahship described in the angel's message? (32-33, Psalm 110:4; Micah 5:2b)
4. How did the angel help Mary to understand the work of the Holy Spirit? (34-35) Why was Elizabeth's case a good example for Mary to understand the work of God? (36) What was the basis of Mary's decision? (38)
5. Why did she decide to visit Elizabeth? (36-37) In what ways did Elizabeth help Mary's decision of faith? (42-45)
III. My Soul Praises the Lord (39-56)
6. What shows Mary's excitement? (39-40) How did the Holy Spirit speak through Elizabeth to confirm God's plan for Mary? (41-45) What word of God enabled Mary to sing a song of praises? (32, 45 and 1 Sam. 2:1-10)
7. Who was God to Mary? (46-47) What does it mean to be blessed by God? (48)
8. What do verses 49-53 teach us about God and his character? What do verses 54-55 teach us about the faithfulness of God?
9. How can we sing songs of praises to God and know the joy reflected in this song? (Romans 8:6; Colossians 3:16)
10. What did Mary wait for before he went back home? (24, 26a, 56) What does this say about her character?