The Lord Will Rule You, I Will Not
Questions for Study 8
Memory Verse: 8:1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. Zebah and Zalmunna (8:1-21)
1. How did Gideon respond the Ephram's jealousy? (1-3) What was needed to ensure complete victory? (4-5) How did Gideon respond to the officials of Succoth's cynical attitude? (6-7) To Peniel's? (8-9)
2. With such great success as displayed in verse 10 what can we determine about Gideon's resolve? The Lord had taken out most of the enemy; so now what was Gideon determine to do? (11-12) What can we learn about being motivated to fulfill God's plan in our lives? (Heb. 10:23-25)
3. What can be learned about Gideon's keeping his promise to those who had refused to help the battle? (13-17) From his request to the young man? (18-20) From his actions toward Zebah and Zalmunna? (21)
II. Come Rule Over Us (8:22-27)
4. What did Israel request of Gideon? (22) Why did Gideon refuse? (23) What did he know that some do not understand even today? (2:1-3; Matt. 16:24-25)
5. What did Gideon request? (24) What was their response? (25) What was the modern day value of the gold and was he right in requesting it? (26; and 1 Cor. 9:7-14)
6. What did Gideon do with the gold? (27) What does it mean that they worship it and it became a snare? How can a similar thing happen in our lives? (Rev. 3:14-22)
III. Gibeon Dies (8:28-35)
7. How long did the land enjoy peace? (28) Consider why there were fourty years of peace this and previous times.
8. After the enemy was subdued what did Gideon do? (29) What must have been his family life like? (30) Why did God allow Gideon so many wives? (Matt. 19:3-9)
9. Who was Abimelech? (31) After his birth what happened to Gideon? (32) How did the new generation follow their forefather's lives? (33-34) What is character of man is revealed? (Gen. 8:21; Deut. 5:29; Ezek. 11:19-20)