Moral Decay Within Israel
Questions for Study 18
Memory Verse: 30
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. Don't Go, Stay With Us Just a Little Longer (19:1-10)
1. What is repeated in judges? (1a, 17:6, 18:1a, 21:25) What does this event concern? (1b) What kind of relationship did they have? (2-3)
2. How long did the father-in-law persuade the man and his daughter to stay in his house? (4) On the next day what did the father-in-law say? (5) Did he keep his promise?
3. When the party was about to leave what did the father-in-law proclaim? (9) Why might the father-in-law keep doing this? What did the man from Ephraim finally do? (10)
II. No Place to Lay Our Head (19:11-21)
4. What problem arose because they left so late in the evening? (11) Why didn't the master want to stay in a Gentile town? (12-13) How did racial pride add to their problem?
5. When they reached an Israelite town what did new problem did they have? (14-15) Who noticed their problem? (16-17)
6. What was the Ephraimite quick to point out? (18-19) What was the old man sure they shouldn't do? (20) What did he do for them?
III. Heartless Immorality Reigned (19:22-30)
7. What wicked thing did some of the men of the city demand? (22) What did the owner of the house propose? (23-24) What does this say about the moral decay in Israel?
8. Did anyone show love to the concubine? (25-26) Why didn't anyone in the town come to these people's aid?
9. Did the master expect to find his concubine? (27) How is the darkness of his heart revealed? (28)
10. What shocking thing did he do when he got home? (29) Why didn't anyone know what to do about these evil acts? (30) Who should members of the church go to when there are problems? (1 Cor. 6:1-5)