Questions for Study 13
Memory Verse: 14:4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. Give Her to Me (14:1-7)
1. Where was Timnah in relation to Samson's home? (1, 13:2) How did Samson's demand go against tradition and God's law? (2; Deut. 7:3-4, 22:9-11; and 2 Cor. 6:14-18) Did Samson know this was from the Lord as verse 4 states?
2. Was Samson's parents request reasonable? (3) Why? (4) How might you feel if you were his parents? (Eph. 6:1-3; Col. 3:20)
3. Did Samson's parents accept his request? (5) What did the Lord arrange? (6-7) When lion's jump into our lives how should we respond? (1 Peter 4:12-13; John 15:18-21)
II. A Riddle (14:8-14)
4. What did Samson notice about he lion's carcass? (8-9) Had he revealed to anyone about he lion?
5. Was the marriage arrangements different than normal? (10-11) During the feast what did Samson say? (12) What did the guests agree to at the beginning of the feast? (13)
6. What was the riddle? (14) Was this a fair riddle? Why did Samson give it? (4)
III. Samson's Wife Betrays Him (14:15-20)
7. What threat did the thirty tell Samson's new wife? (15) What rift can be see between Samson and his new bride? (15)
8. What position did Samson put his bride in and she on him? Did she tell him the whole truth? Why or why not?
9. What did Samson know about the Philistines? (18) How did Samson respond? (19) Why?
10. What can be learned from verse 20?