The Lord Kept His Promise to Go Before Them
Questions for Study 9
Memory Verse: 8
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF CANAAN.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. No Northern Enemy Survivors (11:1-9)
1. Who joined forces against Israel? (1-3) Where did they come together to fight Israel? (4-5)
2. What did the Lord tell Joshua? Why?
3. Who initiated the battle? (7) Who won it? What did Joshua do?
II. The Lord Hardened His Enemies Hearts (11:10-23)
4. What did Joshua do to Hazor and all the other cities in Galilee? (10-11) Why? What did they do to the cities and plunder? (13-15)
5. Was the war quickly won? (16-18) Why is it important that only one city made peace with Israel? (19; Deut. 20:10-18) Why only one city? (20)
6. Where did Joshua move to attack next? (21) Where did the Anakites hold out against Israel? (22) After all the Israelites had received an inheritance what happened? (23; Deut. 7:22-24)
III. List of Defeated Kings (12:1-24)
7. What conquered territory is listed first? (1) Look on a map for the lands listed in 2-5. Who lead Israel at that time?
8. What conquered territory is listed next? (7-8) Look on a map for the lands listed in the rest of the chapter.