The Sun Stood Still and the Moon Stopped
Questions for Study 8
Memory Verse: 8
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF CANAAN.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. None Will Withstand You (10:1-15)
1. Where was Jerusalem and who was living there? (1-2) How did they feel at this time? What did they decide to do and why? (3-4) Who decided to fight with them? (5)
2. What did the Gibeonites do? (6) How did Israel respond? (7) Do you think they began wondering if they were wrong in their previous actions with the Gibeonites? When Joshua went to the Lord how did the Lord respond? (8) What happened? (9-11)
3. What miracle happened and why? (12-14) What can we be assured as we fight the spiritual battle? (1 Tim. 6:11-16; Gen. 15:1; 1 Peter 1:3-5) Where did Israel return to after the battle was over? (15)
II. Five Amorite Kings Killed (10:16-28)
4. What did the enemy leaders do when the battle was lost? (16-19) What did Israel do instead of dealing with the enemy leaders? (20-21) How can we get tangled up in things that may seem important, but are not? (Heb. 12:1-3)
5. After the battle was over what did Joshua order? (22-23) What did it mean to put ones feet on other's necks? (24)
6. From Joshua's words of encouragement in verse 25 what can we deduce about Israel even though they have won the battle?
III. Joshua Conquered the South in One Campaign (10:29-43)