I Know the Lord Has Given This Land to You
Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 8
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF CANAAN.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. The Deception (2:1-7)
1. What might it have been like to be one of the spies sent out? (1) Why might these men of God enter a prostitute's house? How were they fulfilling the direction to "Look over the land?"
2. Why might the Israelites be easy to spot? (2; Num. 15:37-41) How might Rahab felt when first the Israelite men came to her house and then the message of her king? (3)
3. What did she decide to do? (Jos. 2:4-7) Was it right for her to lie? (Lev. 19:11) What does God say about Rahab? (Heb. 11:31; James 2:25; Matt. 1:5-16)
II. The Oath (2:8-14)
4. What did Rahab know about her future if she didn't do something by faith? (8-9) Did she have any human hope of salvation? How does this explain why she lied to her king?
5. How does Rahab's situation reflect all people's spiritual condition? (Luke 13:1-5)
6. What did she believe about the Lord, the God of Israel? (11b)
7. What did she boldly ask by faith? (12-13) How could we define her faith? (Matt. 10:16, 15:24-28; Luke 16:8-9) How did the spies respond? (14)
III. The Scarlet Cord (2:15-24)
8. How did he allow them to escape? (15-16)
9. What else was she required to do to be saved? (17-20) Why might the scarlet cord be needed? (21) What would happen to any people were left outside the house? How does this reflect back to the Exodus? (Exodus 12:21-23, 46-47) How does it reflect toward to Christ?
10. hat happened next? (22-23) What good report could they give because they went into the prostitutes house? (24) What can we learn about the way God sometimes works?