Joshua's Allotment and Cities of Refuge
Questions for Study 15
Memory Verse: 8
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF CANAAN.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. Joshua's Allotment (19:49-51)
1. Where did Joshua live? (49-50) Why was he and Caleb the only ones who left Egypt who received the promised land? (Numbers 14:30, 2:11-13) What must it have been like to wander in the desert because of others sins and not their own?
2. What was finished at Shiloh? (51) Was the territory currently settled the entire land that God had promised Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? (Gen. 17:8, 26:2-5, 35:9-13, 48:3-5) What does this tell us about what the Lord knew about the future of Israel? (Deut. 7:21-24; Judges 3:1-2)
II. Cities of Refuge (20:1-9)
3. What did the Lord tell Joshua needed to be done? (1-2) Why? (3)
4. What were the people of the town to do? (4) What is an avenger of blood? (5)
5. For how long was the town to allow the accused to live in their town? (6, 9) How is Jesus like the city of refuge?
6. What towns were set up?
7. How can we follow this principle now?