Benjamin and Simeon's Allotment
Questions for Study 13
Memory Verse: 3
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF CANAAN.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. How Long Will You Wait to Take Possession of the Land (18:1-10)
1. Where did the Israelites gather and why? (1) What did they set up there? (19:51) What eventually happened to the tent of meeting? (Deut. 12:11-14; and 2 Samuel 7:4-7; and 2 Chron. 6:18)
2. Now that some of land was won what problem remained? (2) How did Joshua challenge them? (3) what did he tell them to do? (4)
3. How many parts was the new land to be divided into? (5-6) Who was not to get the new land?
4. What does it mean to cast lots? (8) What does it mean "in the presence of the Lord? (9-10) How can we know the will of the Lord? (Rom. 12:1-2; and 1 Cor. 6:19-20)
II. Benjamin's Allotment (18:11-28)
5. Where did Benjamin's territory lie? (1) What had Jacob said about him? (Gen. 49:27)
6. What was the land like? See a map.
III. Simeon's Allotment (19:1-9)
7. How was Simeon's allotment different than the rest? (1-2, 9) How was this fulfilment of Jacob's prophecy? (Gen. 34:30, 49:5-7) How did Simeon decrease over the generations? (Num. 1:22-23, 26:12-14; and 1 Chron. 12:23-37; and 2 Chron. 34:6) What can be learned about the character that the Lord desires? (Matt. 5:9)
8. What was the land of Simeon like? See a map.