Questions for Study 11
Memory Verse: 16
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF CANAAN.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. Judah's Borders (15:1-12)
1. Who was on the southern border of Judah? (1) What was the land for Judah like? Refer to a map. What city was on the northern edge of Judah's territory and how was it going to be a fulfillment of a promise to Judah? (63; Gen. 49:8-12; Deut. 12:11-14)
II. Do Me a Favor (15:13-19)
2. What area had Caleb received? (13-15) What did he have to do after he receive it?
3. What kind of man did he want his daughter to marry? (16) Who stepped up to the challenge? (17) Why was this a wise way to help Judah obey the Lord and obtain their inheritance?
4. What did Caleb's daughter urge her husband for? (18) What did she ask her father for? (19)
III. Judah's Allotment - Clan by Clan (15:20-63)
5. Why was Judah's inheritance given is such detail?
6. What one city remained a holdout for the Jebusites? (63) Why might this be so?