Unless a Man is Born Again
Questions for Study 4
Key Verse: 3:3
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS EARLY MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. A Man Nicodemus (1,2)
1. What kind of person was Nicodemus, humanly speaking and socially? What do you know about the Pharisees? About the significance of being a ruling council member?
2. What did Nicodemus know about Jesus? What was his purpose in coming to Jesus?
II. He Needed to See the Kingdom of God (3-9)
3. How did Jesus reply to him. How did Jesus see his problem? What did Nicodemus need in order to see the kingdom of God? How does being born again change one's hope and direction of life? (See 1 Peter 1:3)
4. How did Nicodemus respond to Jesus' words? (4) What does this reveal about him?
5. What does it mean to "see the kingdom of God"?
6. What does it mean to be born of water and of Spirit? What does the flesh give? What does the Spirit give? What is the result of not entering the kingdom of God?
7. Why was Nicodemus surprised at Jesus' words? Why do you think Nicodemus didn't want to accept Jesus' words?
8. How does the Holy Spirit work like the wind in the heart of a person who accepts Jesus' words? What does Nicodemus, "How can this be?" mean?
III. The Way to the Kingdom of God (10-21)
9. How and why did Jesus rebuke Nicodemus? (10-21) What was his attitude toward Jesus' words and testimony? What does the incident about the bronze snake (Nu. 21:4-9) teach about faith in Jesus? What can we learn here about how to know Jesus personally and be saved?
10. According to Jesus, how did God show his great love for sin-sick people who could not but perish in their ins? What are the consequences of not accepting God's love? (16-18)
11. Why can't people come into the light of God's love? What was Nicodemus' real problem?