"Your King is Coming"
Questions for Study 16
Key Verse: 12:15
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS' LATER MIISTRY TRAVELS.
I. Jesus was Anointed by Mary at Bethany (1-11)
1. When and where did this first event occur? (compare Mt. 26:6) Who was at the dinner party? How was it related to the raising of Lazarus? Why was the time important?
2. What did Mary do? What did she do this? Who was Judas? What did he say? In what respect do his words sound reasonable? What does this writer tell us about his motives?
3. How did Jesus interpret Mary's actions? What did he mean? (see Mk. 14:9) Why was the timing important? What does Jesus teach about himself? About our priorities?
4. See verses 9-11. Why did such a large crowd gather and many put their faith in Jesus? What do these verses show about the spiritual condition of the religious leaders?
II. The King's Entry Into Jerusalem on a Colt" (12-19)
5. How did Jesus enter Jerusalem? What does "Hosanna" mean? What Scripture did he dramatize and fulfill? (See Zech. 9:9,10) What does this passage teach about the nature of Jesus' kingship and kingdom?