No One Can Snatch Them Out of My Father's Hand
Questions for Study 14
Key Verse: 10:28-29
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SEE JESUS' LATER MINISTRY TRAVELS.
I. They Shall Never Perish (22-30)
1. What did the Jews want Jesus to say plainly? (22-24) What was Jesus' answer? (25)
2. What proves that these Jews were not Jesus' sheep? (26) What does Jesus' sheep do? (27) What does Jesus do for his sheep?
3. What does God do for Jesus' sheep? (29) What can we learn here about the characteristics and privileges of Jesus' sheep?
II. Unless I do What My Father Does (31-39)
4. Why did they want to stone Jesus? (311, 33) What was the answer Jesus gave from scripture? (32; 34-36; Psalm 82:6; Exodus 22:28; and 2 Chronicles 19:6)
5. What evidence did Jesus offer to substantiate his claim? (37, 38)
III. Many Believed in Jesus (40-42)
6. Where did Jesus go and what did he do? (40) What was the response of ordinary people to his ministry? (41) Why?
7. What did many people do in that place? (42) What does it mean to believe in him? (42) How might their response be different from that of people in John 2:23-25 and 6:26-29?
8. What can we learn in this chapter about the good shepherd Jesus? Why do you think Jesus is so confident about his sheep and his mission?
9. How can we be good sheep of Jesus, and good shepherds of his flock?
10. How did those listening respond to Jesus' words? What was the undeniable evidence that he is the good shepherd?