I Know that My Redeemer Lives
Questions for Study 7
Key Verse: 19:25-26
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
I. Round Two - Eliphaz (15:1-35)
1. Does Eliphaz say anything new that he or someone else hasn't already brought up? What does this say about him?
II. Job: My Witness (16-17)
2. What does Job repeat and what does he declare about himself? (16:2-6) What does he say God is doing? (16:7-9) What does he call his friends now? (10-11) Review Job's self description. (12-17) How is this similar to the Jesus on the cross?
3. What does Job seek? (16:18-22) Why does Job state this again? What could Job hope to gain in this?
4. Does Job add anything to his self description? (17:1-12) What does Job ponder? (17:13-16)
III. Round Two - Bildad (18:1-21)
5. Does Bildad say anything new that he or someone else hasn't already brought up? What does this say about him?
IV. Job: The Critical Threshold (19:1-29)
6. What does Job repeat and what does he declare about himself? (19:2-22)
7. What new wish does Job express? (23-24)
8. What remarkable exclamation does Job express? (25) What does he now know will happen when he dies? (26) What must take place for Job to see his Redeemer with his own eyes? (27, and 1 Corinthians 15) What does he say will happen to his visitors? (28-29)
V. Round Two - Zophar (20:1-29)
9. Does Zophar say anything new that he or someone else hasn't already brought up? What does this say about him?
VI. Job: Again? (21-27)
10. What does Job repeat about the fate of the wicked and the righteous? How is it that his friends do not acknowledge this obvious truth? Job is obviously going through a change in his life brought on by not only his suffering, but the stubborn ideology of his visitors. What does this have to say about a believer's walk of faith? (1 Corinthians 8:1-3; 13:9-12) Compare Job's experiences to Abraham's who lived around the same time as Job.
VII. Job: Dear Me (28-31)
11. Make a list of Job's oaths in chapter 31. Remembering how God had called him blameless earlier, would it be good to follow his example?