Tests and The Invisible War
Questions for Study 1
Key Verse: 1:8-9
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE OF JOB.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE INTRODUCTION TO JOB.
1. What does the Bible say about Job's character? His family? His possessions? His stature in life? How did his belief in God manifest itself in his daily life? (4-5) From all these descriptions, who could you compare Job to in history and today?
2. What did the angles do one day? Why might God have this done? Who was also there? What does his name mean? Why might he be there? What did God ask him? (7) How did Satan reply? Why might he do that?
3. What did God say about Job? What does this tell us about God and his relationship to each man, woman, and child?
4. What did Satan say? (9-11) What does this mean? Why might he say this? Think about this in regard to the meaning of his name.
5. What did God decide to do? What does this say about what God considers important? His confidence in Job? What does Satan's quick leaving say about him?
6. What happened to Job's possessions? His children? When Job heard what happened, why did he tear his rob and shave his head? What does worship mean? What did Job say in his worship? What can we learn from Job's words? What does verse 20 mean? What can we learn from this?
7. What happened another day in heaven? What can we learn about God from his words concerning Job? (3) How did Satan reply to God? What does this say about him? How did God reply to Satan? What does this say about him?
8. Who afflicted Job? What did Job's wife say? What does this say about her attitude? Considering all that happened, why might she say these things?
9. What did Job say to his wife? How does his reply reflect his spiritual and emotional state? What role did his earlier life style play in his reaction to life's hardships now?