The Fall of Jerusalem
Questions for Study 38
Memory Verse: 3
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM JEREMIAH'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
I. King Zedekiah Captured (52:1-11)
1. Who was the last king of Israel? (1-2) Why did Jerusalem and Judah fall? (3) When did this happen? (4-5)
2. How was the word of God spoken through Jeremiah fulfilled? (6) What did Judah's army do? (7-8)
3. What did Zedekiah do and how were Jeremiah's words about him fulfilled? (9-11, 32:4-5, 34:2-3, 38:18; Ezekiel 12:13) What can be learned about people who hear the word of God but do not love and obey the Lord?
II. Nebuchadnezzar Burns Jerusalem (51:12-30)
4. Who was sent to Jerusalem" (12) What did he do? (13-14) Who were the only people left in the land? (15-16)
5. What did the Babylonians take away? (17-19) What does their weight say about how God had blessed Israel in David and Solomon's days? (20-23) What can we learn about the Lord's actions at this time about blessings?
6. Who else was taken into captivity at this time? (24-27) How many were carried into exile? Did rank and position exempt anyone from exile?
III. Jehoiachin Released (51:31-34)
7. Who is Jehoiachin? What happened to him while in captivity? How was his exile lightened? (33-34)