Judah's Remnant in Egypt Will Die
Questions for Study 32
Memory Verse: 44:22
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM JEREMIAH'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
I. Judah Still Doesn't Repent of Idolatry (44:1-10)
1. Who was this about? (1) What did the Lord remind them of? Why is it important to remember what the Lord has done in our life and lifetime?
2. What had the parents of the Jews in Egypt done? (3) How did the Lord their God respond? (4) Why didn't his people accept the prophets and what were the consequences? (5-6; Romans 10:1-4, 11:7-10; Ephesians 4:17-19)
3. What would happen if the Jews in Egypt did not repent? (7) What is a remnant? Whose fault would it be if they did not repent? (8)
4. What were they so quick to forget? (9) What does God seek from sinful men? (10) How are these things a vital part of returning the Lord's love?
II. The Result of Stubborn Idolatry (44:11-30)
5. Will the actions of the Jews escaping to Egypt only affect themselves? (11-13) What will be lost to them? How was their actions a sign of a lack of faith in the Lord's love?
6. Where the husbands being a spiritual leader in his family? (16) What excuse did they give for continuing in unfaithfulness? (16-18) What is significant about their wives words? (19)
7. What was the Lord's response? (20-23) What did he know about them? (24-25) What can be learned about the Lord's character?
8. When will the Lord harm his people? (26-28) Why?
9. Why might the Lord give them a sign? (29) What would the sign be? (30)
III. Message to Baruch (45:1-5)
10. Who was Baruch? What was he saying? What did the Lord tell him?