Jeremiah Buys a Field
Questions for Study 24
Memory Verse: 32:14-15
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM JEREMIAH'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
I. The Deed (32:1-16)
1. When did the event take place? (1) What was Jeremiah's like at the time? (2) Why was it so hard? (3-5)
2. What did the Lord want Jeremiah to do even though Jerusalem was about to fall? (6-8) How was Jeremiah's response and act of faith? (9-12)
3. What did Jeremiah tell Barauch to do? (13-14) Why? (15-16) How does this show that faith results in actions we would not otherwise take? (James 2:14-19)
II. Jeremiah Prays (32:17-25)
4. How did Jeremiah respond to the task the Lord had given him? (17-18) How are we rewarded and how was Jeremiah able to see that? (19) How had Israel received the land Jeremiah just bought? (20-22) How were they about to lose it?
5. Did Jeremiah know that he would not be able to enjoy this land in his lifetime? (24-25) Did he have resurrection faith?
III. I Have Loved You (32:26-44)
6. How did the Lord initial response to Jeremiah a gentle rebuke? (26-27) What did the Lord assure what would happen? (28-29)
7. What provokes the Lord's wrath? (30-32) Is he quick to wrath? (33) What is the basis of sin? (34-35)
8. Did the Lord hear Jeremiah's complaint about buying land he will not enjoy? (36) What did the Lord want Jeremiah to understand about the future? (37-39) What does an everlasting covenant have to do with Jeremiah's purchase? (40-41)
9. How is the Kingdom of God a fulfillment of these promises? (Daniel 2:44-45; Luke 8:1, 13:29, 17:20-21; Revelation 12:10-11)
10. What does the Lord promise? What reassuring word did the Lord give through Jeremiah's obedience? (43-44) How should this encourage us?