The Sign of Immanuel
Questions for Study 5
Memory Verse: 14
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Aram and Ephraim Threaten Judah (1-6)
1. When did the events in this study take place? (1) How did Judah respond to the threat?
2. What was the Lord's message to Ahaz? (3-6) What did he call Aram and Israel? What was their motive in invading Judah?
II. Stand Firm in Your Faith (7-9)
3. What did the Lord say about the outcome of the war? (7-8a)
4. Who was Ephraim? (8b, 9a) How long did the Lord say Israel would survive after this?
5. What did the Lord instruct Ahaz? (9b) What does this mean? How is our similar to Ahaz?
III. They Will Call Him Immanuel (10-25)
6. What did the Lord want Ahaz to ask? (10-11) Why might the Lord know that Ahaz needed a sign? How did Ahaz respond? What asking for a sign testing the Lord?
7. How was Israel trying the patience of God? What sign did the Lord say he was going to give? (14) What does verse 15 mean? How did Jesus' birth fulfill this sign? (Matt. 1:18-23) Why did Jesus need to be born of a virgin?
8. What will happen before the Messiah comes? (16) Who will bring Aram and Ephraim to waist?
9. There are four "in that day" prophecies in the rest of the chapter. What is the first? What is the second? What is the third? What is the last?