The Children of Signs
Questions for Study 1
Memory Verse: 10-11
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE KINGDOMS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Time of Hosea's Call (1:1)
1. Who did the word of the Lord come to? (1) When was his ministry?
II. Hosea's Wife (1:2-3)
2. What did the Lord tell Hosea to do at the beginning of his ministry? (2) What thoughts must have gone through Hosea's mind? Did he obey? (3)
3. Why was Hosea to do this? What did he know would happen if Israel didn't repent? What can be learned about a life of faith and obedience to the Lord?
III. Hosea's Three Children (1:4-2:1)
4. What was Hosea to name his first born? (4-5) Why? What will happen in the valley of Jezreel?
5. What was the daughter named? Why? How does this explain what will happen at the resurrection of the dead at the Bema seat? (Matt. 25:11-13, 29-30, 41-46)
6. Why was the fate of Judah mentioned to Hosea? (7) How did Jesus fulfill this? (2 Tim. 1:8-10)
7. What was the name of Gomer's second son? (8-9) What is the meaning behind this?
8. What hope was given? (10) How is this fulfilled in Jesus? (Rom. 9:23-26; Gal. 3:14; Col. 1:25-27; Eph. 2:11-13, 3:6) In the great commission he has given us? (Mark 16:15)
9. What amazing prophecy is in verse 11? Who is the one leader? How through this do we know what the "day of Jezreel" is?
10. How are we brothers and sisters? (2; Heb. 2:11-17)