The Certainty of God's Promise
Questions for Study 5
Memory Verses: 6:19
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS
I. God's Promise to Abraham (13-15)
1. Who is Abraham? Why did God make a promise to him? What was the promise? (15)
2. Verse 15 lists part of the promise. What is the rest? (Gen. 22) How does this apply to the Hebrew receiving this letter? How does it apply to us today?
3. What is patience? What did Abraham receive? What part of the promise did he not receive when he had physically died? Are we heirs of the same promise? What does this mean to us?
II. God's Promise to Us (16-20)
4. What is the principle of swearing? (16) Is it wise for us to swear an oath? (Matt. 5:33-37)
5. What did God want to make very clear? To whom did he want to make it clear? What does the fact that heirs is plural tell us?
6. What are two unchangeable things?
7. What have we fled? What hope is offered to us?
8. What is an anchor for our soul? What does an achor do for a ship? What would happen if the ship did not use its anchor?
9. What is the inner sanctuary? Who was the only person to have access to the inner sanctuary? How do we have access? Who was Melchizedek? (See previous studies in Hebrews.)