You Are to Say Everything I Command You
Questions for Study 4
Memory Verse: 7:5
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
I. The Head of Their Families (6:13-27)
1. What was Moses and Aaron commanded to do? (13) How is this emphasized? (26-27)
2. How many of the tribes of Israel are mentioned in this passage? (14-16) Why only these? Where was Moses and Aaron in the family tree of Israel? (16-20) What is unusual about this? (Num. 3:11-13) Why did the Lord do this? (Gen. 49:3-7; Jos. 19:1, 13:33)
II. I Will Bring Out My Divisions (6:28-7:5)
3. What did the Lord mean by, "I will make you like Pharaoh"? (6:28-7:1) And "your brother Aaron will be your prophet"?
4. What is the nature of Moses' leadership? (2) Who were they serving and what was the objective of their leadership? What can we learn about the nature of relationship within Jesus' body? (Eph. 4:11-13)
5. Did the Lord promise Moses that his mission would be easy? (3a) How did the Lord initially work through Moses? (3b) Why isn't seeing always believing? (4a, John 20:29, 2 Cor. 5:7)
6. What was the Lord's second work through Moses? (4b) Would this achieve the objective? (4c) What does this say about heart of sinful man? (Prov. 28:14; and 1 Sam. 6:6)
7. What else will be achieved through this? (5) Where the Egyptians the only people who came to know the Lord through the Lord's work in Egypt? (Joshua 2:9-11)
III. The Staff Became a Snake (7:6-13)
8. Why might the Lord call Moses and Aaron to ministry when most have already retired? (6-7)
9. Why did Pharaoh demand a miracle? (8-9) When did this happen in Jesus' ministry? (Mark 8:11-12; Luke 11:29; John 6:26-27) What enables a person to come to the Lord Jesus? (John 6:35-40)
10. How was it that the magicians were able to do the same thing? (10-11) What does it mean that Aaron's snake swallowed the other snakes? What was the result of this first miracle? (13) Why might Moses continue obeying the Lord at this time? (Heb. 11:26)