As Long as Moses Help Up His Hands
Questions for Study 11
Memory Verse: 17:11-12
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Water From the Rock (17:1-7)
1. How did the Israelites show their unbelief? (17:1-3,7) What was Moses' attitude when he came to God with this problem? (4)
2. How did God reveal himself among them? (5-7) Think about God who granted water from the rock.
II. The Amalekites Defeated (17:8-16)
3. Why did the Israelites engage in the battle? (8) Who was the field commander? (9) What was the importance of the staff of God in Moses' shepherd life? (4:2, 20; 7:8; 8:5; 14:16; 17:6,9)
4. What did Moses do for the victory of God's people? (10-11) How did his co-workers support Moses? (12) What did God tell his people to do after the victory? (14) How did Moses obey God? (15-16)
III. Jethro Visits Moses (18:1-27)
5. Who was Jethro? (1-6) What do you think Jethro's understanding of Moses at the time he left for Egypt? (Ex. 4:18) How did Jethro praise God after he listed to Moses? (7-12)
6. What was the difficulty that Moses had in helping the people? (13-18) How did Jethro counsel Moses? (19-27)
7. Think about God who sent Jethro to Moses at this time.
8. From this passage what do you learn about spiritual leadership?