Questions for Study 6
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. It is Better (7:1-12)
1. Why is the day of death better than the day of birth? (1-2; Matthew 22:31-32; John 11:23-26; Hebrews 9:27-28) When is sorrow good? Why is it foolish to have a heart in the house of pleasure? (4)
2. How is a wise man's rebuke good? (5-6) Why is extortion and bribes wrong? (7) Why is patience better than pride? (8)
3. Why do fools try to provoke the righteous? (9) What question is it now wise to ask and why? (10-11) Why is wisdom better than money?
II. Consider What God Has Done (7:13-22)
4. What does verse 14 instruct us to do? When times are bad what should we consider? (14) Why is it that God doesn't reveal to us the details of our lives in advance? (Luke 7:48-50; John 14:1; Romans 1:17; and 2 Cor. 5:6-7; Hebrews 10:35-39)
5. Why is verse 15 hard to understand? What do verses 16-17 have to do with verse 15? What does it mean to fear God?
6. How important is wisdom? (19) Are all sinful? (20; Romans 3:22-24) Being all are sinful what is sure about human love and loyalty? (21-22)
III. In Search of Many Schemes (7:23-8:1)
7. What did Solomon have to confess? (23-24; and 1 Kings 3:10-15) Since wisdom seemed unreachable what did he decide to do? (25) What did he discover? (26; and 1 Kings 11:1-6)
8. While investigating and try to understand what did Solomon discover? How rare was upright men in Solomon's day? Why? (29)
9. What does wisdom do? Why do so few seek it? (John 3:19-21)