Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 1:14
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. What a Heavy Burden God Has Laid on Men (1:12-18)
1. As king over Israel at this time what could Solomon do? (12) When he studied all that is done under heaven what did he find? (13) What does it mean "a chasing after the wind"?
2. Does verse 15 accurately portray man's society and government? Is there anyway to undo words and actions?
3. How is Solomon's reign described in verse 16? Is wisdom or ignorance bliss? (17) How is what verse 18 says about wisdom and knowledge true?
II. Pleasures Are Meaningless (2:1-11)
4. How is the pursuit of pleasure meaningless? (1) Are comedians happy and content people? (2) What has Solomon attempting to do? (3)
5. What has Solomon's palace like? (4-6; and 1 Kings 7:1-12) What else did Solomon acquire? (7-9) What was he seeking in acquiring all this?
6. What he gain from hard word? (10) Was it enough? (11) Why doesn't material possessions satisfy our soul?
III. Wisdom and Folly Are Meaningless (2:12-16)
7. Can even the powerful and rich stand alone? (12) What did Solomon discover concerning wisdom and folly? How is wisdom better than follY? (14; 3:13-14, 9:10)
8. What did Solomon realize in verse 15? (Proverbs 1:7) Can wisdom or folly save us from death? (16) How can we be saved from death? (Acts 4:8-12; Eph. 1:13-14)
IV. Toil is Meaningless (2:17-26)
9. Why did Solomon begin to despair? (17-20) After we die can what happens to all our work? (21-23)
10. Where does the best in life come from? (24; Phil. 4:12-13) What should all acknowledge? (25) By what does God give to us? (26; Matt. 6:28-34)