Questions for Study 1
Memory Verse: 3
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Theme: Everything is Meaningless (1:1-3)
1. Who wrote this book? (1) How did he come about having wisdom? (1 Kings 3:10-14) What was Israel like during his reign? (1 Kings 2:46b, 3:28, 4:20-21)
2. What does Solomon declare at the beginning of this book? (2) What is the answer to the question in verse 3? How did Jesus teach something similar in Matthew 16:24-27?
II. Nothing New (1:4-10)
3. How does verse 4 point out the length of our life? What is sure to happen after death? (Hebrews 9:27)
4. Can we stop or change the speed of time? (5) Can we change weather patterns? (6) Who set up and controls the hydraulic cycle? (7)
5. If you try to see all there is to see in the world will it be enough to satisfy your soul? If you try to hear all the sounds and music in the world will it be enough to satisfy your soul? Can setting a high goal, working hard for it, and then obtaining it be satisfying years later?
6. What does "under the sun" mean? How is verse 9 a true statement?
7. Considering all that you've done in your life is any of it completely new? Isn't all that man has achieved based on work of others before us?
III. Men Are Forgotten (1:11)
8. What happens whenever a person seeks to know their ancestors? What eventually happens to our records and are they always accurate?
9. Considering this study what can be said of fallen man's existence without God? Is there any hope for mankind? (Romans 8:22-25; and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14)