Do Not Forget the Lord
Questions for Study 8
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. God Led you All the Way in the Desert (1-9)
1. What should be the people of Israel's response toward the Law? (1a) Why? (1b)
2. What did God do during the wilderness journey for 40 years? (2-3a, 4) What is the purpose of God's training in the wilderness? (3b, 5; Ex. 19:5-6)
3. What does it mean to obey God? (6) Into what kind of land are the people of Israel entering? (7-9)
II. Do Not Forget the Lord your God (10-16)
4. In the land of God's blessings what should God's people do? (10-11) What would be the spiritual danger for the people in the time of prosperity? (12-14a)
5. What was God's work for the people of Israel? (14b-16a) What does it mean by "in the end it might go well with you"? (16b; Heb. 12:11)
III. He Gives You the Ability (17-20)
6. What is the worst kind of temptation in the time of success and prosperity? (17; Dan. 4:28-32)
7. Who is behind all we do and who prospers us? (18a) What is a wise way concerning possessions? (Prov. 30:7-9; Matt. 6:11; Luke 16:9)
8. What does it mean "confirms the covenant? (18b) What would be the result of forgetting God? (19-20; Heb. 6:4-6)