Love The Lord Your God
Questions for Study 6
Memory Verse: 5
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. The Lord Your God is One (1-9)
1. What is the meaning of Deuteronomy and it main teaching? Who gave this teaching? (1:1) When? (2:14-15) Why? (4:1)
2. What do "the commands, decrees and laws" refer to? (1; 4:44-5:32)
3. What are the practical benefits of obeying the Law of God? (2-3)
4. Who is God? (4) What is the greatest Commandment? (5; Mt. 22:34-40) How does this command operate? (6) Practically, what needs to be done? (7-9)
II. Fear the Lord Your God, Serve Him Only (10-19)
5. Into what land would the people of Israel enter? (10) What would they receive in that land? (11) What should they avoid first of all? (12)
6. What should they do instead? (13-14) What would be the result of forsaking God? (15) What does it mean to test God? (16; Ex. 17:1-7) Instead, what should they do? (17-19)
III. When Your Son Asks (20-25)
7. What are they to teach children in the future? (20-23) In loving God, why is training children in the Lord so important? (Ps. 127:3-4; Mt. 28:18-20)
8. Why was the law given? What did the law have potential to do? (25) Why didn't it? (Rom. 7:7-20) What did God change in this age? (Heb. 10:15-17)