Now Choose Life
Questions for Study 21
Memory Verse: 30:19
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Follow the Terms of the Covenant (29:1-29)
1. What did the Lord do for Israel? (1-6a, 7-8) Why? (6b)
2. What was Israel's part of the covenant? Is it only for the people with Moses? (14-15) Who might they be? What were the other nations and people like at that time? (16-18)
3. What mistake do people make back then and even now? (19-21) How has the prophecy in verses 22-28 been fulfilled? What does verse 29 mean? What can we learn?
II. The LORD will Again Delight in You (30:1-10)
4. When will the LORD gather his people? (1-3) How would it be possible? (4-5) How will the LORD change his people? (6) What will be the attitude of his people? (7-8)
5. How will the LORD bless his people? (9-10)
III. Now Choose Life (30:11-20)
6. Is God's command difficult? (11-13) Why not? (14; Rom. 10:5-13)
7. What is set before the Lord's people? (15-16) How are we in a similar situation? (John 15:5-10)
8. What would happen if they turn away from the LORD? (17-18; John 15:1-4)
9. What does Moses demand they choose? (19a) Why? (19b)
10. What is God's promise for them? (20)