Summing the Stipulations of the Covenant
Questions for Study 20
Memory Verse: 27:1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Firstfruits and the Year of Tithe (26:1-15)
1. What was sure to happen and what must they do then? (1-2) What was to be declared when offering the firstfruits? (3-4) What was they to remember when the offered firstfruits? (5-10) What kind of time was this to be? (11)
2. Who is to receive and keep the tithe? (12) How was the tithe to remain sacred? (13-14) What would follow? (15)
II. In Summary (26:16-27:8)
3. How are we to live? (16; John 14:15; Luke 6:46-49) What did Israel declare? What did the Lord declare?
4. How does repeating something in the Bible stress its importance? (1) What was to be written on large stones? (2-4) What was to be next to it? (5-7) How can we created reminder stones?
III. Curses (27:9-26)
5. What was to be done at Mount Gerizim and Ebal? (9-14) What are the first to curses? The third and fourth?
6. What are the fifth and six curses? The seventh and eighth? The ninth and tenth? The eleventh and twelfth?
IV. Blessings (28:1-14)
7. What was promised the nation who obeys the Lord? (1-2) What is the first blessing? (3-4) The third and fourth blessing? (7-8) How will they compare to the surrounding nations? (12-14)
8. The third and fourth blessing? (7-8) How will obedient Israel be established? (9-11) How will they compare to the surrounding nations? (12-14)
V. More Curses (28:15-68)
9. How was verses 30-35 fulfilled when Israel did not keep the commands?
10. How was verses 30-35 fulfilled when Israel did not keep the commands? Did he keep the promises of verses 36-42? How about verses 43-48?
11. How desperate would sinful Israel become? (49-57) Why would the Lord be pleased? (58-63) What is the final promise?