More Stipulations of the Covenant
Questions for Study 19
Memory Verse: 24:17-18
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Laws (23:1-25)
1. Why keep someone from the assembly of the Lord according to verses 1 and 2? How did Lot's descendants exclude their descendants from the assembly of the Lord? (3-6) What does it mean to abhor someone?
2. How was a warrior of the Lord to keep clean? (9-11) Why is cleanliness so important? (12-14)
3. What were the Israelites to do with escaped slaves from their neighbors? (15-16) What does the Lord detest according to verses 17 and 18? Who should be except and charged interest? (19-20) How important is a vow to the Lord? (21-23) How are we to share with our brothers in the Lord? (24-25)
II. More Laws (24:1-22)
4. Consider the divorce laws in verses 1 to 4 in regard to our relationship with Jesus. What is the responsibility to a newly married man to his wife? (5)
5. What should our attitude be in helping our brothers and sisters in Christ? (6) How serious is it to oppress a fellow believer? (7; Luke 12:45-46) What happened to Miriam when she became leprous? (8-9; Num. 12:9-15)
6. How are the rich to be a blessing and righteous? (10-13) What kind of employers are we to be? (14-15)
III. And More Laws (25:1-19)
7. Who is accountable for sin? (16; John 9:1-5) What kind of welfare system did Israel have? (19-22; Gal. 2:10)
8. Instead of violence how shall we decide disputes? (1-3; 1 Cor. 6:1-6) How did Paul apply verse 4 to those who teach and provide teaching and learning materials? (1 Cor. 9:7-12)
9. How was each man's line to be kept? (5-6) How did Boaz use the law in verses 7-10 to marry Ruth? (Ruth 4:5-8) How is this like our relationship to Jesus?
10. What was to be protected when men fight? (11-12) How are merchants to conduct business? (13-16) What could happen to those who are not kind to the weary and worn out?