The Feasts and Days of the Lord
Questions for Study 14
Memory Verse: 16:5-6
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW CHART SHOWING THE FEAST AND THEIR MEANING.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread (1-8)
1. What is Passover to the Israelites? (1; Exodus 12:26-27; Num. 9:1-3, 28:16-17, 33:3)
2. What were they to sacrifice? (2) How did Jesus fulfill the Passover? (John 1:29, 1:35-36; 1 Peter 1:18-20)
3. What does yeast represent in the Bible and how does this explain what the Lord instructed Israel in verses 3 and 4? (1 Cor. 5:6-8; Matt. 16:11-12; Gal. 5:7-12)
4. Where was the lamb to be sacrificed? (5-6) How did Jesus' death fulfill this? (Heb. 13:11-12)
5. What were they do with the meat and how did Jesus explain this? (7; Luke 22:15-20; John 6:53-58)
6. What were they to do for six days after the Passover? (8; Lev. 23:6-8; Num. 28:17-25; Exodus 12:17-20) What is an "assembly to the Lord"?
II. Feast of Weeks (9-12)
7. How many days were they to count off for the next feast? (9; Lev. 23:15-16) What were they to do at that time? (10)
8. What did the celebration include? (11-12) How was this fulfilled? (Acts 1:3, 2:1-4)
III. Feast of Tabernacles (13-17)
9. When was the Feast of Tabernacles to be celebrated? (13; Lev. 23:33-36; Num. 29:12) What was the celebration to be? (14) What was the eight days to include and why? (15; Lev. 23:39-43; Num. 29:13-38) When will this be fulfilled? (Zech. 14:16-19)
10. What were the men commanded to do three times a year? (16a) What must they bring with them? (16b-17)