Fear The Lord
Questions for Study 10
Memory Verse: 12
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. The Lord Said to Me (1-11)
1. Why did the Lord tell Moses to cut out the tablets and make a wooden chest to keep them in? (1-2; Ex. 32:19-20) How long did it take Moses to obey the Lord and what might he have been thinking about as he worked? (3-5; Ex. 34:1-2)
2. What blessings are there in being chosen by the Lord? (6-9)
3. Why would Moses think that the Lord would destroy them? (10) What did Moses learn about the Lord at that time? (Ex. 34:6-7) To what extent do we know the Lord's love now? (John 3:16; and 1 John 3:16)
4. Whose direction was Moses following as he lead the people? How are overseers (shepherds) similar to Moses? (Acts 20:28; and 1 Peter 5:2-3)
II. Fear the Lord (12-22)
5. What were the conditions to the covenant between the Lord and Israel? (12-13) What does each mean? What is the reason for the Lord's commands and decrees?
6. What does the Lord own? (14) What does the highest heavens refer to?
7. Who does the Lord love? (15) Considering Romans 4:13-17 are we included in his love?
8. What does it mean to "circumcise your hearts"? (17, 30:6; Rom. 2:28-29)
9. How is God described in verse 17? How does this look forward to his judgement and our hope? (2 Tim. 4:8; Heb. 12:23-24)
10. How are we to reflect his character? (18-19) What words of direction are we given in verse 20? Who should we praise?