The Appointed Time of the End
Questions for Study 8
Memory Verse: 19
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE IN 500 B.C.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF GREECE DIVIDED AFTER ALEXANDER DIED.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM DANIEL'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. The Ram and the Goat (1-8)
1. Who is Belshazzar? Where was Daniel in his vision? (1-2) How is Daniel's perspective different in this vision than all the previous visions?
2. What was the distinctive character of the Ram? What did he do with his freedom and power? What was the distinctive character and ability of the goat? When the new bully arrive what did he do to the old bully? (6-7) What happened to the goat's power (horn)? What can we learn here about how the wise use the freedom and gifts we have in Christ?
II. The Rebellion that Causes Desolation (9-14)
3. What did the new horn do? What is the Beautiful Land? What amazing feat did the new horn do? (10)
4. Who is the Prince of the host? What three abominations did this horn do? What is the place of his sanctuary?
5. What characterises his reign? (12) How are we different?
6. As a holy one was speaking, what did another say? What was the answer? Why might God count in evenings and mornings rather than in 24 hour days or 365 day years? (Ex. 29:38-43)
III. It Concerns the Distant Future (15-27)
7. What did Gabriel look like? What time did he say the vision concerned? (17-19; Matt. 24:14-22; 1 Cor. 15:22-24)
8. Who is the two horned ram? Who is the goat? Who is the four horns?
9. What are men like at the end of their reign? How is their replacement described? (23-25a)
10. What was Daniel told to do and why? What was his physical state after the vision? What can we learn from this about the work and will of God?