King Jesus' Everlasting Kingdom
Questions for Study 7
Memory Verse: 13-14
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE IN 500 B.C.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF GREECE DIVIDED AFTER ALEXANDER DIED.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM DANIEL'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Four Great Beasts and Horns (1-8)
1. Who is Belshazzar? What happened to Daniel as he lay on his bed? What did the four winds of heaven produce? (2-3) What does the great sea refer to? (17; Isa. 17:12) What can we learn about whose in control?
2. What did the first three beasts look like? (4-6) How did the fourth beast appear to Daniel? (7a) What did the fourth beast look like? (7b) What was strange about its horns?
II. The Ancient of Days and One Like a Son of Man (9-14)
3. Who is the Ancient of Days and how is he described? (9-10a; 22; Isaiah 43:10-13; Rev. 4:1-5:7) What is the court? (10b, 26; Matt. 25:31-32; Rev. 20:4-6, 11-15)
4. What was the fourth beast doing? (11a) What happened to him? (11b) What happened to the first three beasts?
5. Who approached the Ancient of Days? (13; Matt. 9:6-7) What is the cloud of heaven? (Mark 14:61-62; Acts 1:9-11; and 1 Kings 8:11; Ezekiel 10:3-4) How long will his kingdom last?
III. An Everlasting Kingdom (15-28)
6. When troubled by the visions, what did Daniel do? (15-16) Who will and will not receive the kingdom forever? (17-18, 22; and 1 Cor. 6:9-11, 15:50-52; James 2:5)
7. What did Daniel want to know about the fourth beast and the horns? (19-20) What was the boastful horn doing? (21) How might this be possible? (Luke 18:7-8)
8. What is the nature of the fourth kingdom? (23) What does the boastful king do? (24b-25) What does the fact that the times are set mean to you?
9. What area will be given to the saints? (26-27) How are the saints described? Why might Daniel be troubled by this vision? (28; Matt. 24:21-22) Why would Daniel keep the matter to himself?