A Revelation of a Great War
Questions for Study 10
Memory Verse: 18
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE BABYLONIAN EMPIRE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE IN 500 B.C.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF GREECE DIVIDED AFTER ALEXANDER DIED.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM DANIEL'S TIME TO ROMAN TIMES.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. You Humbled Yourself and Prayed (1-3)
1. Who controls the new world power? (1; Ezra 1:1-2, 3:8) What did the revelation given to Daniel concern?
2. What did Daniel do for three weeks? (2, 12) What did Daniel do during the three weeks of prayer? (3) Why might Daniel pray so fervently? (Ezra 1:1, 3:6, 8, 10, 4:4-5) What can we learn about persistent prayer? (Luke 18:7-8)
II. The Man in Linen (4-11)
3. Where was Daniel and when was he there? Considering the description of the visitor, who might he be? (5-6; Eze. 1:25-28; Matt. 17:1-2; John 17:5; Rev. 1:12-16)
4. Why did only Daniel see the messenger? (7; Acts 9:3-7) What was his condition before the messenger? (8) As he began to speak what happened to Daniel? (9; Eze. 2:1-2) What can we learn about being in the presence of the glorious Jesus? (Rom. 14:9-12; and 1 Cor. 3:12-15, 13:13)
5. How was Daniel able to stand? How did the Lord consider Daniel? What did he instruct him to do? Though trembling, what did he do? In light of this, what can we do? (Phil. 2:12-13; and 1 John 5:20; and 1 Cor. 2:14))
III. Speak, Oh Lord, Since You Have Given me Strength (10:12-11:1)
6. What word of encouragement did Daniel receive? When Daniel received the revelation, what did he set his mind to do? What can we learn from him? (Phil. 1:6; and 1 John 5:20; and 1 Cor. 2:14)
7. When the messenger was sent to deliver the message what happened? (13) Who might be the prince of the Persian kingdom? Who is Michael? (13b, 21b; Jude 1:9; Rev. 12:7) What does this tell us about the nature of the battle we are in? (Eph. 6:10-13)
8. Who does the vision concern? When will these things take place (from Daniel's point of time)? (14, 11:40, 12:4, 9, 13)
9. What was Daniel's request before he was told the meaning of the vision? What did the one who "looked like a man" do? Even though Daniel was highly esteemed, what did he need? What can we learn? (Isaiah 40:28)
10. Who will the messenger help defeat the Persians? What else did he do? (10:21b-11:1; 5:30-31; 6:21-22)
11. Since the future events in the next two studies were already written, what can we do? (21a; 7:25-27; Acts 1:7) What do we learn about God?