Proclaim the Mystery of Christ
Questions for Study 4
Key Verse: 3
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S FIRST AND SECOND MISSIONARY TRIPS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S THIRD MISSIONARY TRIP.
I. Prayer and Widsom (2-6)
1. What kind of prayer is described in verse 2. What does this mean?
2. What personal prayer topic does Paul ask them to pray for? (3) What does this tell us about his life desire? What does the fact that he knew he needed help to proclaim it clearly show? what can we learn from him? (Zech. 4:6b)
3. What was his message? (2b) Review the three other times Paul brought this up. (1:26, 27; 2:2)
4. Make the most to what outcome do you think Paul had in mind? How can a conversation be full of grace?
II. What's Happening Here (7-9)
5. Why was Paul sending Tychicus and Onesimus? Why would that be important to them? What was Paul's current condition? (4:3, 18) What light does this shed on Paul's conversations with the guards? (Acts 28:30-31)
III. Complete the Work You Have Received (10-18)
6. Who was Mark and Barnabas? When was the last time we see Paul with Barnabas? (Acts 15:36-41) What does the fact that he mentions them tell us about their relationship now? (2 Tim. 4:11)
7. What did Paul and those with him work for? (11) Why would they be a comfort to him?
8. What kind of work did Epaphras conduct? For who? What was his relationship to them? (1:7-8; Phm. 1:23; Acts 19:9b-10) What does this tell us about him?
9. What where did the church of Laodicea? Locate it on the map and find out what you can about it?
10. What kind of work was Archippus doing? (17) Read Paul's very short letter to Philemon. What can we learn about the spread of the gospel from this?