Israel's Coming Exile
Questions for Study 3
Memory Verse: 5:24
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Woe Against Perverted Religion (5:18-27)
1. What is the Day of the Lord? What misconception did Israel have about it? What is it compared to? (19)
2. What did the Lord have to say about their religious gatherings? (21-23) Why did he reject them? (24) What can be learned about worship that is acceptable to the Lord?
3. What could they learn from the history of their ancestors? (25) What did they replace for true religion? What would be the result of exchanging a life of faith for superficial religious practices? (27)
II. Woe Against Complacent Pride (6:1-7)
4. Why had God's people become complacent? (1) What were the notable men to consider? (2)
5. What do they put off and what will that bring? (3) According to verses 4-6a how do they put it off? According to 6b what is the day of terror they bring near?
6. What will be the result of this complacent attitude? (7) What did Jesus warn the church? (Rev. 3:1-3)
III. The Lord Declares Judgement (6:8-14)
7. What does the Lord abhor? What is spiritual pride?
8. When the destruction comes how complete will it be? (9-10) Why might they not want to mention the Lord's name?
9. What is the answer to the questions in verses 12-13? How does this apply to Israel and Judah?
10. What command was given? (11, 14)