God's Salvation Has Been Sent to the Gentiles
Questions for Study 28
Memory Verse: 28:28
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S TRANSFER TO ROME.
I. He Broke it and Began to Eat (27:1-44)
1. Track the course of their trip on a map. (1-8) What was obvious to Paul? Why would the owner and the ship captain object?
2. What happened? (13-20) Why did Paul wait so long before he gave his advice again? (21) What good news did he have? What does verse 23 mean? What does verse 24 mean?
3. what did Paul have faith in? What did they still have to do?
4. What did the sailors try to do? How did Paul know what he knew? (31) How does Paul's demeanor differ from the rest on the ship? What does it tell us in the way Paul eat? What does their landing tell us?
II. He Preached the Kingdom (28:1-31)
5. Where did they end up? (1-2) What happened to Paul? What did the islanders expect? How is this typical human thinking even in our day? When their predictions proved wrong how did they change their minds? What would people today say and why?
6. How was the love and grace of Jesus displayed through Paul? (7-10)
7. How and when did they finally arrive in Rome? (11-14) What does the greeting they experienced tell us?
8. What was the first thing Paul did and why? (28:17-20) Why do you think they had not heard of anything? What were the Jews in Rome curious about?
9. How does Luke sum up Paul's message? (23) How did they respond to Paul and what did he reveal about the unbelievers? (24-27) What was the result? What did Paul continue to boldly do for two whole years while under house arrest?