Testified About Me in...
Questions for Study 26
Memory Verse: 11
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S TRANSFER TO ROME.
I. My Hope in the Resurrection of the Dead (22:30-23:11)
1. What had happened to Paul? (21:33,40; 22:22,29) How did the Roman commander's treatment of Paul change when he realized Paul was a Roman citizen from birth? (22:30)
2. What was the first thing Paul said to his accusers? (23:1) How did the high priest respond? (2) What did Paul remind him? (3) What did they tell Paul about the man he had just addressed? (4) What did Paul say? (5) What does this tell us about this Roman court?
3. What did Paul realize about the men sitting in judgement of him? (6-7) Why would this matter? (8) What does it seem that Paul was doing by saying these things? Think about where they were, how he got there, and what each group wanted. What happened? (9-10) Who got what he wanted?
4. Why would the Lord need to say to Paul, "Take courage?" Think about his trip to Jerusalem. What did the Lord reveal about Paul's future?
II. We are Ready to Kill Him (12-35)
5. What vow did some men make? (12-15) When their planned failed do you believe they carried out their vow?
6. Who heard of the plot? What does this tell us about Paul's family? Where did Paul send his nephew? What did he tell the commander? Why would it be important for the young lad not to tell anyone? (22)
7. What opportunity did this give the commander? (23-24) How did he change the truth of the events? Why would he do this? What does all this tell us about this world's idea of justice? How does this compare to the Kingdom of God?
8. Where did the guards bring Paul? Where did he spend the night? What awaited Paul? How was all this predestined for Paul? (9:15-16) What can we learn about the way God works in our lives?