Your Testimony About Me
Questions for Study 25
Memory Verse: 18
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM.
I. To the Gentiles (1-21)
1. How does Paul greet the mob who had beaten him and tried to kill him? What does this show about him? (Matt. 5:44) Why would Paul's choice of language cause the crowd to be silent? (2)
2. How does Paul describe himself before Jesus came to him? (3-5) Describe Saul's encounter with the risen Jesus. (6-11) What happened immediately after seeing the light from the Lord? What was so special about this experience to Saul? (1 Cor. 15:7-8)
3. Who was Ananias? (12-13) What did Ananias tell Saul? (14-16) What would being able to see again mean to Saul? (13; Matt. 11:4-5; Isa. 29:17-24, 42:18-20) Who is the Righteous One? (Prov. 21:1-13; Isa. 24:16; Acts 3:14, 7:52; and 1 John 2:1)
4. What did the Lord tell Paul? (17) What did Paul say? What was the Lord's plan for Paul? How does this fit into Jesus' world mission command? (1:8, 11:13; Gal. 2:8) Why would Paul want to say all this to these Jews at this time?
II. Paul the Roman Citizen (22-29)
5. How did the Jews respond to Paul's commission to go to the Gentiles? (22-23) Why would they react like they did to his mission?
6. Where did the Roman commander take Paul? See if you can find a map that shows where this was located in Jerusalem. Why would he take him there? Why would they want to flog him?
7. What did Paul tell the Roman centurion who was about to flog him? What does this mean? (26)
8. Did the commander believe Paul at first? (27) Why would it be hard for him to believe that Paul was a Roman citizen? What is the difference paying for Roman citizenship and being born a citizen? (28-29) What can we learn from Paul? (Matt. 10:16)