Questions for Study 24
Memory Verse: 14
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASECLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
I. For the Name of the Lord Jesus (1-16)
1. What route did Paul take to Jerusalem? (1-3) What was he told in Tyre? (4) What did they do before parting ways? (5-6)
2. Where did they go next? Who did they find there? What kind of father was he?
3. What message did Paul get? (10-11) How did Paul respond to it? What does this tell us about his faith and hope?
II. At Jerusalem (17-26)
4. What did they do when they arrived in Jerusalem? (17-19) Why? How did James and the elders respond?
5. What did they tell Paul about their ministry? What did many of the Messianic Jews believe about Paul's preaching? What did they expect would happen to Paul? How does this explain one of the possible reasons Paul wanted to return to Jerusalem?
6. What did they suggest Paul should do? Why would someone shave their head? (18:18; Num. 6:1-2,9,18,21) How did they believe this would help Paul? What did Paul do? (26)
7. Did this affect their earlier decision about the Gentiles? (25) Is their a difference between Christians, whether Jewish or Gentile?
III. Paul Arrested (27-40)
8. Who recognized Paul? What did they do? What claims did they make about Paul?
9. What did they do? Who found out? (31) What did he do? (32) Describe the scene. (33-36) What does this reveal about those who tried to kill him?
10. Who did the commander think Paul was? How did Paul identify himself? What did Paul want to do?