A Man of Gospel Mission
Questions for Study 23
Memory Verse: 24
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S THIRD MISSIONARY JOURNEY.
I. Repentance toward God and Faith in Jesus (17-21)
1. How did the Ephesian Church start? (19:1-7) What was Apostle Paul's relationship with the Ephesian elders? (19:8-10) How did God bless Paul's Ephesian ministry? (19:10-20)
2. Why did Apostle Paul meet the Ephesian elders at Miletus? (20:1-5; 13-16) What did the Ephesian elders know about Paul? (17-18)
3. How did Apostle Paul serve the Lord in Ephesus? (19a) Why with great humility and with tears? (19a, 20) What was the objective of his preaching? (21) In what sense did Apostle Paul learn from Jesus? (Mark. 1:38; Mark. 2:17; John. 18:37)
II. If Only I May Complete the Task (22-27)
4. Why was Paul going to Jerusalem? (22) What did he expect there? (23)
5. What do you learn about Apostle Paul's sense of mission? (24) In what sense was this a real farewell address to the elders? (25)
6. What does it mean when he said, "I am innocent of the blood of all men"? (26, Ezk. 3:16-21) How did Apostle Paul preach the gospel? (27, and 1 Cor. 2:1-5)
III. Be Shepherds of the Church of God (28-31)
7. What is the first and foremost duty of shepherds (pastors in Latin) and Bible teachers? (28a; 1 Cor. 9:27)
8. Who appoints shepherds? (28a) How do God's people come into the church of God? (28b)
9. What did Apostle Paul expect after his departure? (29) Where do the wolves come from and what is the main objective of all they do? (30)
10. So what should shepherds do? (31a) How did Apostle Paul prepare them to deal with the wolves? (31b)
IV. It Is More Blessed to Give Than to Receive (32-38)
11. In spite of difficulties that would arise in the Church, who and what does Paul trust? (32a) Why? (32b)
12. What was Paul's attitude toward materials? (33; and 1 Sam. 12:2,3) Why did he live as a self-supporting tent-maker missionary? (33-35a; and 1 Cor. 9:7-1; Acts 18:2-3; and 2 Cor. 11:7-9) What was the underlying principle for his practical mission life? (35b; John 3:16; Luke 6:38)
13. How did they depart? (36) What do you learn about their love relationship?