All Night Meetings
Questions for Study 22
Memory Verse: 7
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE BEGINNING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S THIRD MISSIONARY JOURNEY.
I. Through Macedonia and Greece (1-6)
1. What was the uproar? (See previous chapter.) What did Paul decide to do? What kind of words did he speak? How should we follow this example?
2. What happened after three months in Greece?
3. Who was with Paul? Where were they all from? What do you think Paul was doing with so many men from so many places?
4. What feast does Luke (the author of Acts) mention? What is the significance of this feast in light of the Old Testament and Jesus' fulfilment of it? (Lev. 23)
5. What does it mean that Paul was keeping the Sabbath and the Feasts of the Lord? Why has all the holy days changed? (Col. 2:13-17; and 1 Cor. 9:19-23) Also think of this in like of the temple's destruction in 70 A.D. and the general responses to Paul's ministry.
II. Breaking Bread and onto Jerusalem by Pentecost (7-16)
6. What did they do on the first day of the week? Where did this come from? (Matt. 26:17-35, Mk. 12:12-26, Lk. 22:7-38, Jn. 13-17)
7. How long did the meeting of God's people last? What would the presents of lamps do to the air quality? (8)
8. What happened to a young man who fell asleep? (9) What did God do through Paul? (10) Why do you think Paul said what he said?
9. What did they finally do? What did Paul resume? Why did Paul have this kind of meeting? (7, 16)
10. Why do you think Paul traveled on foot and let everyone else take a ship?